Duck meat is flavorful and stronger compared to chicken and others. It is rich in fat and has thicker skin. Pan-fry is one of the best ways to cook duck. Duck breasts are scored with fat layer and cooked skin-side downwards until it turns crispy.
If you are looking for the best duck breast recipe, then you must visit Lac Brome Lake. They provide easy to cook duck meat including duck confit, rendered duck fat and more at affordable price.
If you like less fatty meat, remove fat and skin before cooking duck breasts, but make sure that the flesh has not dried out. Open breast and bash it by using a rolling pin or meat mallet. You can also cook skinless breasts on skewers or pan.
Recipe – cooking duck breasts in the pan
2 – Duck breasts, salt for seasoning and butter
Process of cooking
- Score duck breast skin in parallel or crisscross pattern and season by using salt. Leave it in fridge for few hours or whole night.
- Take it out and wait over 30 minutes till it comes to room temperature.
- Now, keep the breasts carefully in the pan with skin downwards and heat it slowly. After sometime, fat begins melting.
- Tilt the frying pan and remove the fat with a spoon. Fry breasts until skin becomes brown and crispy.
- Cook skin-side downwards for 6 to 8 minutes, turn skin-side upwards and cook for another 4 to 6 minutes. This process takes nearly 15 minutes.
- You can also preserve excess fat in a glass jar to roast potatoes.
- Turn breasts on sides to sear the flesh evenly over all the surfaces pan .After this, you can cook the meat in few different way, and they are:
- 1st method – Turn breasts, add butter, swirl pan and cook around 5 minutes until meat turns brown in color.
- 2nd method – Preheat oven at 180/160 C and cook 5 to 6 minutes until flesh turn pink or 10 to 12 minutes for more crispiness.
- Let the duck breasts rest for at least 10 minutes before serving them
- Press the duck breasts with fingers to make sure whether they are cooked well or not – well-cooked duck breasts will be firm and springy to touch.
- Remember to collect rendered fat in the glass jar with tight lid, it lasts nearly 6 months.
You can buy duck meat even online, choose the best online store that supply good quality duck meat and order duck breasts today to prepare delicious pan fried duck breasts at home.